Care Instructions after Fillings
- If you received an injection, please try to avoid eating on that side until the anesthetic wears off to prevent injury to your mouth. The injection site may feel sore for several days. Tylenol or Advil may help with discomfort.
- Depending on the size of the filling, the tooth may feel sensitive for a few days. A moderately deep filling may cause discomfort when chewing or to temperature changes. If the sensitivity does not resolve after 2 weeks, please contact us.
- If the filling feels high or the bite is off, please call us to have it adjusted as soon as possible. Improper bite can cause persistent discomfort, and may fracture or dislodge the filling.
- You can chew on white fillings immediately. Please wait a period of at least 2 hours before chewing on silver fillings or if you have received anesthetic on that side.
- We guarantee our crowns for a period of five (5) years, and will replace them at no charge as long as you maintain your regularly scheduled check up and cleaning appointments.
PLEASE NOTE: FAILURE TO RETURN FOR YOUR RECOMMENDED RECALL EXAMINATIONS (AT LEAST TWICE A YEAR, BUT MAY VARY ACCORDING TO YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS) VOIDS THIS WARRANTY.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (914) 630 – 2833