Care Instructions after Crown and Bridge Placement
1. If you received an injection, please try to avoid eating on that side until the anesthetic wears off to prevent injury to your mouth. The injection site may feel sore for several days. Tylenol or Advil may help with discomfort.
2. Please avoid chewing on the crown for at least 2 hours.
3. Initial sensitivity to cold or chewing is not uncommon on crowned teeth. Usually, the sensitivity subsides after several days. If the discomfort becomes more severe with time, please call us.
4. Initially, your crown may not have the correct bite. Improper bite can cause persistent discomfort, and may fracture or dislodge the crown. Please call us to have it adjusted as soon as possible.
5. We guarantee our crowns for a period of five (5) years, and will replace them at no charge, so long as you maintain your regularly scheduled check-up and cleaning appointments.
PLEASE NOTE FAILURE TO RETURN FOR YOUR RECOMMENDED RECALL EXAMINTAIONS (AT LEAST TWICE A YEAR, BUT MAY VARY ACCORDING TO YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS) VOIDS THIS WARRANTY.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (914) 630 – 2833