Care Instructions after Cleanings
- If you received an injection, please try to avoid eating on that side until the anesthetic wears off to prevent injury to your mouth. The injection site may feel sore for several days. Tylenol or Advil may help with the discomfort (or any anti-inflammatory medication you’re accustomed to taking).
- Some people feel sore and sensitive after a thorough cleaning. The discomfort is usually mild and lasts a few days.
- If we placed antibiotics into the gums, avoid flossing that area for 10 days.
- Excellent oral hygiene care at home, as well as following through with your scaling appointments, are essential to control the periodontal disease. Our goal is to get you to optimal dental health – and this is a team effort.
- Maintenance is an essential part of keeping your mouth healthy. Please keep your recommended follow-up schedule to avoid problems in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (914) 630 – 2833